Now expanded and updated-the #1 New York Times bestselling book in which one of America's most brilliant doctors shares his famous program for improving and protecting your health Eight Weeks to Optimum Health lays out Dr. Andrew Weil's famous week-by-week, step-by-step plan that will keep your body's natural healing system in peak working order. It covers diet, exercise, lifestyle, stress, and environment-all aspects of daily living that affect health and well-being. This revised edition includes the most up-to-date findings on such vital subjects as cholesterol, antioxidants, trans fats, toxic residues in the food supply, soy products, and vitamins and supplements, together with a greatly enhanced source list of information and supplies. Inside you will learn how to - develop eating habits for greater health and well-being
- start an effective exercise program based on walking and stretching
- work with breathing patterns to decrease stress and improve energy
- solve sleeping problems
- eliminate toxins from your diet
- minimize environmental hazards in your daily life Plus-programs tailored to the specific needs of pregnant women, senior citizens, overweight people, and those at risk for cancer. "If there is a heaven, sixtysomething Weil is headed there, but if he practices what he preaches, probably not for some time yet."
- London Times "Dr. Andrew Weil is an extraordinary phenomenon."
-The Washington Post
*This book may have remainder mark*